The U.S. pollsters on citizen’s satisfaction/dissatisfaction with their life in the country:
Only one quarter of the U.S. population is satisfied with their life while three quarters are dissatisfied.
About 80-85% of the population believe the government has been incapable to resolve the country’s domestic and international challenges.
President Obama’s on the U.S. domestic affairs:
He proposed an unprecedented increase in additional taxation of all citizens by $1.759 trillion over ten years that will come in the form of a couple large tax changes, numerous small tax changes, and new fees. His actions bought an unprecedented increase in the budget deficit from $9 trillion to over $19 trillion that everybody would be forced to pay in the near future. All that and myriads of business-constraining regulations were done in the name of narrowing the nation’s income inequality – and, although it was not openly pronounced, of narrowing the income inequality between the USA and the developing countries.
Senator Josef Lieberman on the U.S. foreign affairs:
The simple fact is that there is more instability in the world today than at any time since the end of World War II. The threats come from emboldened expansionist powers such as Iran, Russia and China, and also terrorist aggressors such as the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. In short, the enemies of freedom are on the march.
At the same time, the United States, which assumed global leadership after World War II to protect our domestic security, prosperity and freedom, has chosen this moment to become more passive in the world.
Thus, we are failing in domestic and foreign affairs, our taxation burden is growing and our people are nervous. If it is so, how Obama can be considered a very successful president?
Success or failure of a president, or any other elected or non-elected public figure, should be judged by assessing how far a president or any public figure has advanced his/her declared goals. If the declared president’s goals of Obama were to have most of the citizens satisfied with the state of their life, then his presidency should be considered a failure.
However, Obama had different goals and his goals have been clearly pronounced in his famous June 2009 Cairo speech. Here they are, extracted from the original text.
- – The Western civilization is in debt to Islam. It was Islam that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe’s Renaissance and Enlightenment. … Let there be no doubt: Islam is a part of America.
- – Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance. However, the sweeping change brought by modernity and globalization led many Muslims to view the West as hostile to the traditions of Islam.
- – America’s strong bonds with Israel are based upon cultural and historical ties, and the recognition that the aspiration for a Jewish homeland is rooted in a tragic history that cannot be denied.
And here is how Obama has advanced his goals.
- In the U.S. and abroad, President Obama has never reminded his audience that the foundation of the Western civilization is the Judeo-Christian, Bible-based moral principles, and Europe’s Renaissance and Enlightenment are based on these principles. Probably, he does not believe that is the case. Moreover, he has been trying to suppress wherever is possible the appearance of anything considered to be Christian in the government activities and he has never attended a true Church service. His withdrawal from the Islamic Middle East has created a tsunami of Muslim immigration to Europe that may indeed remake the Western civilization from the Judeo-Christian, Bible-based one to the Islamic, Quran-based one. He has increased the Islamic immigration to the USA as well.
- Although the fact is that the Muslims – in the name of the Islamic laws – have committed almost all terrorist acts in the USA, Europe and the Middle East he has directed the government to fight the “intolerant gun owners” instead of fighting the “tolerant Islamists”. (Those “tolerant Islamists” just recently killed the Islamic governor of Punjab province in Pakistan over his call to reform strict blasphemy laws that carry a death sentence for insulting Islam.)
- Although he did not phrase it that way, his language suggests that a position of the “partial BDS” or “Zionist BDS” that was considered beyond the pale just recently is now apparently mainstream enough for him. Why? Because in his view the creation of the Jewish state of Israel was not the result of fulfilling the Judeo-Christian prophesies, as the true Jews and Christians believe, – it was just the result of “tragic history”.
Thus indeed, President Obama is a very successful president since he has been able to move the country and the world along the lines of his goals – of course, to the detriment of the country as the public opinion polls have clearly demonstrated.