What is the True God, and how He differs from common religious images? It is the All-Mighty Power behind everything that influences the human lives. Although we do not know His true nature, we describe it in the following way.
* It is the God who is the source of the unifying morality for all humans, and who eradicated the disuniting gods which were worshiped before Him.
- It is the God who made the humans “in His own image and likeness” as unique creative individuals, and these image and likeness could be described in the contemporary political language as the image and likeness of the people of “individual freedoms and responsibilities.”
- It is the God who condensed the fundamental traits of the “individual freedoms and responsibilities” into the Ten Commandments.
- It is the God who created the world which is constantly changing along the lines of His Laws of Nature and Morality which constantly change the human lives.
- It is the God who helps the humans find out the Laws of Nature and Morality and use them for making the better world – the better world of the “individual freedoms and responsibilities”.
- It is the God who guides the creation of the eternal better world that includes the existence here on the Earth and there in the Heavens (whatever it might be).
- It is the God who guides the human through the already not mysterious genetics, or still mysterious Holy Spirit, or something else not yet even imagined.
- It is the God whose Laws of Nature are researched by the Science, and Laws of Morality are researched by the Religion.
- It is the God who supports peacefully competing scientific and religious institutions – competing in the discovery of His Laws of Nature and Morality, not trying to denigrate the competitors.
The true God differs from common religious images in the profound way.
- He is not requesting the prayers proclaiming His greatness because He knows He is the All-Mighty – the prayers are the way to get the better guidance from Him.
- He is not requesting to treat the life here on the Earth as preparation for the life in the Heavens – He guides an individual to build the better world here on the Earth, and the results of this work is the way to the individual eternity.
- He is not appointing the human researchers of His Laws (rabbis or priests for example) as His enforcers of the Laws – He guides them to teach the Laws and let the unique individuals tailor the Laws to their own unique life circumstances.
- He is not making any one religion to be sole interpreter of His Laws – a religion itself selects its way in implementing the God’s Laws and helping the others to do this.
- He is not getting upset with the individual’s behavior – following or violating His Laws makes an individual upset or happy.
More on all that at the links of this Blog such as:
One thought on “What is the True God, and how He differs from common religious images”