A nation’s survival throughout history has been reliant upon a cohesive national identity. This identity is characterized by shared virtues that promote the well-being of the nation and its citizens, guiding what should be upheld and what should be eschewed. This collective sense of virtue has been molded and safeguarded by religion and its institutions.
The adage “religion is the opium of the people” has been wielded by global totalitarians (Marxists, Nazis, Bolsheviks, Maoists, Ultra Leftists, etc.) in their endeavor to supplant traditional religions with their own totalitarian ideologies. This article is dedicated to substantiating this claim.
The central question facing America today is whether we are molded in the image of God-in-Heavens or in the image of God-in-Washington.
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, religion encompasses a personal set or an institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices.
This notion elucidates the reason any totalitarian government can be seen as a religion – it compels obedience to its systematized set of religious beliefs through its established laws, leaving individuals with no alternative choices.
However, a fundamental distinction exists between the God-in-Washington and God-in-Heavens: while the former seeks to transform individuals into spiritual and economic slaves, the latter aims to safeguard humanity’s innate freedoms.
For those who remain skeptical, the following analysis may provide clarity.
Central tenets of any religion include its Creator, the Creator’s blueprint for Humanity, and the guidelines for human conduct that are ‘in the image and likeness of the Creator.’ Various denominations or streams within a religion adapt these principles to accommodate different circumstances among diverse communities.
But the interpretation of these fundamental tenets varies significantly across different religions.
Interpretation of Religious Tenets in Judeo-Christian America
The God-in-Heaven is the Creator of everything and invisibly directs humanity. The Creator’s decrees are epitomized by the natural laws elucidated for humans in the Torah and Bible.
Christianity and Judaism offer diverse interpretations of these decrees. Yet, the core principle can be summarized in the words of the esteemed Rabbi Hillel, a prominent figure in Jewish history: “Treat others as you wish to be treated.”
This principle fundamentally upholds Individual Freedoms.
Interpretation of Religious Tenets in Totalitarian America
In Totalitarian America, the God-in-Washington is the Creator. This God’s mandates manifest in the myriad of laws that negate the individual freedoms enshrined in the American Constitution, thus altering America’s traditional Judeo-Christian identity from one of individual freedoms to a nation bound by the ‘civil rights’ of slaves. Under this regime, citizens are coerced into conforming to the image dictated by totalitarian laws, irrespective of the divergence from Judeo-Christian virtues. Non-compliance is met with severe punishment.
This situation epitomizes Slavery!
Evidential Examples of Our Subjugation, Often Overlooked:
- Compulsory government-funded education distorts historical events by presenting them as sinful or criminal (e.g., slavery, colonialism, racism, unjust wars), fostering an unquestioning trust in the government’s ability to rectify our perceived “sinful/criminal past.”
- “Civil rights” legislation (such as equal representation, economic parity, abortion, GLBT+ rights) that encroaches upon our own rights to individual freedoms of judgment.
- Escalating contrived “national crises” (pertaining to climate, poverty, housing, health, equality, racism, and more) justifying the wealth transfer from individuals to the government, thereby diminishing resources available for the exercise of individual freedoms to fix the problems locally (charity, mitzvah).
- Government initiatives to appropriate more national wealth through an ever-increasing national debt that shackles future generations.
- The fusion of numerous big monopolies (such as Big Pharma, Big Energy, Big Bank, Big New-media, …) with the omnipotent control of the totalitarian government through a labyrinth of regulations aimed at controlling personal consumption of ordinary citizens and enriching big monopolies and Government-in-Washington.
- A particularly disturbing accomplishment of the God-in-Washington is the pervasive self-censorship, wherein individuals preemptively censor information even before reading or listening.
If we still hold onto the belief that we are a nation of freedom, the responsibility rests upon us to select a national religious path to follow, for without a guiding faith, a nation’s destiny is bleak!
Share this thought-provoking perspective to encourage meaningful dialogue.